Five weird things about me? Hmmmm. Only five?
1. I once earned a living as a swordfighting instructor.
2. I had the shortest possible career as a tarot card reader.
3. I worked in a carny for a similarly short period of time (and got ripped off on my pay for the short time I worked, to boot).
4. Nope, that's too weird for public consumption.
5. I won every fencing tournament I entered last year, suffering no hits and killing or disabling all my opponents.
Explanations, as such, below the fold.
1. In 1981, I was hired to go to Nova Scotia and teach SCA swordfighting to a new group of SCA folk. It was a nice summer job (the pay was basically airfare, room, and board). I stayed in contact with several of the folks I met down there until quite recently.
2. I was working at an occult shop when the owner — who was also the card reader — was too sick to come in. I sat in for her and did the couple of readings that were scheduled (and who didn't have the common sense to reschedule). Not a job I'd ever want to take again.
3. I was hired as casual labour to disassemble the rides after the carny closed. I worked for five hours, was only paid for four, and discovered that I had absolutely no interest in working that kind of job ever again.
4. There is no entry four.
5. I only entered one tourney last year. And it was a very small group of fencers.Posted by Nicholas at January 9, 2006 04:02 PM
Visitors since 17 August, 2004